1. V. G. Samant - Animator
Biography: V G Samant
After acquiring a diploma in drawing and painting in 1957, V G Samant joined the Cartoon Film Unit of the Films Division in 1959 and graduated to become its first Chief Animator. Several of his films including 'Law of Nature', 'Precious Water' and 'Race with Death' have won national and international awards with the 'Tree of Life' being his most celebrated film. He also directed animation film Hanuman.
2. Amalendu Choudhary - Cinematographer
He is working in film industry since 1998, He has worked in different set ups and has experience of working with different cameramen like Ashok Mehta , Madhu Ambat etc.
Always passionate about visual arts he is interested in collaborating with directors to enhance their visuals to make it apt to the story. So far he has done many feature films. His work has been appreciated by nominations and awards. His work includes, feature films HARISHCHANDRACHI FACTORY, GANDHA (SMELL), TENDULKAR OUT, JHING CHIK JHING, PAANGIRA, ABOKYA SAATBANDE, ONE ROOM KITCHEN, BAIMANOOS, DOHA, HELLO JAI HIND etc.
His strength lies in articulating the story into the visuals with sensitive lighting and apt compositions.
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARD:
• Gnadha (smell) - Zee Gaurav Puraskar, Sangharsha Sanmaan
• PANGIRA - Sanskruti KalaDarpan Award
• Harishchandrachi factory - Sangharsha Sanmaan
Nominations for BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY :
• Baimanoos - Zee Gaurav
• Gandha - Zee Gaurav
• Tendulkar Out- - Zee Gaurav
• Paangira- Ma Ta Sanmaan
• Gandha- Ma Ta Sanmaan
3. Basheer Ali - Cinematographer
He shot into prominence with
• Muzzafar Ali's ZOONI,
• Yousuf Shah Chakr.
• He also shot the National Award Winning short film - Agar Aap Chahen in the fiction category in 1993.
• The Film Fare award for the best cinematographer for J.P. Dutta's film Refugee released in 2000.
• PUBLIC SERVICE FILMS
• UNICEF, UNESCO, ILO, WHO, Nehru Centenary,
• Ministry Of Sports, Anti Smoking, Save Fuel – Indian Oil
• Sports channel event special feature program on the Pepsi Cup, Channel Four
• "Folklore of Kathiawar" documentation
• Manipuri dances for the Ford Foundation featuring Jhaveri Sisters
• Film on Urbanization for the cadre of media resources and action
• Junk- directed by Kiran David on drug abuse
• Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank
• Anjuman-E-Islam the Centenary
• Southern workers struggle for C.A.M.E.R.A. for preview of ILO
• Adventures for the American Alumni Association
• Anna Patil – a portrait on sugar co-operative movement
• Anna Brita – directed by Rinki Bhattacharya featuring Jai Raj and Usha Kiron,
• Lal Bahadur Shastri directed by Muzaffar Ali featuring Raghuvir Yadav
• TELEVISION SERIALS
• The Sword of Tipu Sultan, directed by Akbar Khan
• Samrat Ashok, directed by Prakash Mehra
• Malini Iyer, featuring Sridevi, directed by Satish Kaushik
• Ajnabi, directed by Ugyen
• Gitanjali, directed by Chandra Barot
• Wake Up to Work Out, directed by Tanvir Ahmed
• "Pratidhwani - Echoes" 16mm in English, a documentary feature on the genius of
Pandit D.V. Paluskar, Music Madhup Mudgal. The film features Pandit Ravi Shankar, Pandit Vinaya Chandra
• Maudgalaya, Mohan Nadkarni and Naushad Ali
• "Encardil" for Medley Laboratories and URO Cola Commercials
• COMMERCIAL CINEMA
• J.P. Dutta's "Refugee"
• Muzaffer Ali's "Zooni"
• Danny Denzongpa's "Bandhu"
• Tinu Anand's "Ek Hindustani"
• Chandra Barot's "Boss"
• Prakash Mehra's "Bal Bhramachari"
• Akshay Kumar - Sridevi "Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin"
• Shadab Khan's "Highway 203"
• Karan Razdan's "Roshni"
• Sunil Sharma's "Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron"
• T-Bush Int "Kahi Na Kahi Milenge"